This is Maia, also known as "Sporty Spice" Sue and I are dog sitting our friends dogs, Maia a six month old shitzu, poodle, bichon frise mix (about the size of Mickey and Spencer) and Jasper a welsh corgi. All of you know, Sue and I are not afraid to add a few more dogs to the mix and frankly speaking 6 dogs are not a problem for us, usually.
Well, our morning started out at 5:30 when I told Spencer to lay down and go back to sleep, that started of of storm of activity, Maia starting crying in her kennel, Babe and Annie are whining and banging their tails on the floor, Jasper starts barking and that was it, were all up now! Then there is the feeding frenzy, the getting ready for work, the walk, (I get the 3 little ones) and I am ready to go to work.
I open the door reach down to pick up my dry cleaning, I put my foot in front of Maia so she doesn't go out the door and that's when everything went to hell in hand basket. Maia jumps over my foot and like a lighting bolt is gone!!!!! I drop my handbag, dry cleaning, keys and take off after her, I almost bite it going down the stairs, because as you all know I where my shoes at least 1 size to big, at the bottom of the stairs I kick off my shoes and shed my coat and I am off to the races. Maia is running as fast as her little legs can go and is a half a block ahead of me before I know it and I'm not gaining any ground. I am screaming at her to STOP, NO, COME HERE, DON'T GO THAT WAY!!!! About 3/4 of the way down Grove Street towards 23rd Ave (busy street) she stops crosses the street and starts back towards home, as she is crossing 24th she hangs a right and is heading for FEDERAL!!!! I am running as fast as my fat #&* will go...and I trip, down I go spread eagle across my neighbors lawn. This is when I start to cry and realize that I am not going to catch her and wondering how am I going to break the news to her mom. The sight of me sprawled out on the lawn, apparently was of some interest to her, she stopped about a quarter of a block from federal to turn around and look at me. Mean while Sue has shown up calls Maia and of course Maia trots her little self right into Sue's arms.
I am covered with dry leaves from head to toe, because of course I am in all black, my shoes and coat are in the middle of the street, my hand bag and its contents are on the porch and I am going to hyperventilate if I don't sit down soon and stop the crying. AND I pulled a muscle in my leg.
Things I learned this morning, never watch someone else's puppy, Maia is to be in her kennel or in someone's arms when the front door is opened, I am old, out of shape and fat, I don't run as fast as I did when I was 18 (or even 30 for that matter) and when you try a full on sprint from a dead stop at my age you're gonna hurt something.
Well, our morning started out at 5:30 when I told Spencer to lay down and go back to sleep, that started of of storm of activity, Maia starting crying in her kennel, Babe and Annie are whining and banging their tails on the floor, Jasper starts barking and that was it, were all up now! Then there is the feeding frenzy, the getting ready for work, the walk, (I get the 3 little ones) and I am ready to go to work.
I open the door reach down to pick up my dry cleaning, I put my foot in front of Maia so she doesn't go out the door and that's when everything went to hell in hand basket. Maia jumps over my foot and like a lighting bolt is gone!!!!! I drop my handbag, dry cleaning, keys and take off after her, I almost bite it going down the stairs, because as you all know I where my shoes at least 1 size to big, at the bottom of the stairs I kick off my shoes and shed my coat and I am off to the races. Maia is running as fast as her little legs can go and is a half a block ahead of me before I know it and I'm not gaining any ground. I am screaming at her to STOP, NO, COME HERE, DON'T GO THAT WAY!!!! About 3/4 of the way down Grove Street towards 23rd Ave (busy street) she stops crosses the street and starts back towards home, as she is crossing 24th she hangs a right and is heading for FEDERAL!!!! I am running as fast as my fat #&* will go...and I trip, down I go spread eagle across my neighbors lawn. This is when I start to cry and realize that I am not going to catch her and wondering how am I going to break the news to her mom. The sight of me sprawled out on the lawn, apparently was of some interest to her, she stopped about a quarter of a block from federal to turn around and look at me. Mean while Sue has shown up calls Maia and of course Maia trots her little self right into Sue's arms.
I am covered with dry leaves from head to toe, because of course I am in all black, my shoes and coat are in the middle of the street, my hand bag and its contents are on the porch and I am going to hyperventilate if I don't sit down soon and stop the crying. AND I pulled a muscle in my leg.
Things I learned this morning, never watch someone else's puppy, Maia is to be in her kennel or in someone's arms when the front door is opened, I am old, out of shape and fat, I don't run as fast as I did when I was 18 (or even 30 for that matter) and when you try a full on sprint from a dead stop at my age you're gonna hurt something.
2 comments:
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm laughing so hard right now. Your descriptions are priceless. I hope your leg gets better, and hopefully the rest of your dog-sitting went okay. Isn't life with little ones an adventure?
I loved your blog Arba. It is one way I can feel close to you. It reminded me when Jen and I came to Colorado to baby sit Spencer and Mickey. How fun it was at bed time, feeding time, and exercising time. Love you dear heart! By the way what do you want for Christmas? Love mom
Post a Comment